Hi everyone – I hope you are all having a good week! Although the weather is a bit crazy here this week, Summer is in full swing. Despite my love hate relationship with Summer in NYC because of the crazy heat, it is such a fun time here! There is so much to do and see, even after spending 6 Summers here I still have things on my list. So today I wanted to share 20 things to do in NYC this Summer. Whether you are visiting for a week, spending the whole Summer here or just looking for a way to pass a Sunday, I hope this will help. There is definitely something for everyone on the list!
1. Watch a movie in Bryant Park – every Monday evening there is a free screening of a movie on the lawn in Bryant Park. I’m ashamed to say I’ve never been to one but this is going to be the Summer I finally get around to it hopefully.
2. Go for a picnic in Central Park – I personally love setting up in Sheep’s Meadow. One of my all time favourite things to do during Summer in NYC.
4. Visit South Street Seaport – It’s our favourite part of our neighborhood. Packed with lots of great restaurants, bars and ice cream shops and only a walk away from gorgeous views of Brooklyn bridge. The perfect place to spend a Summer’s day.
5. Do the boats in Central Park – always such a fun thing to do and a great excuse to stop into the Boathouse for a drink after.
6. Head to Smorgasburg in Brooklyn – SO much good food and the views are fab too. Beware that it gets super busy though!
7. Walk the High Line – a nice way to get your steps in and enjoy a nice day!
11. Do an outdoor workout class – HERE is more information on the free ones open to the public.
12. Escape the city for a weekend – The Hamptons or Fire Island are always so fun to visit.
13. Round up your friends and go on a boat party – there are lots of options, HERE are some of the most popular ones.
14. Attend the US open – I always try to squeeze this in each Summer.
15. Spend the day at one of the city’s best rooftop pools – The Dream Hotel Downtown lets you rent a cabanna for the day.
If you think I missed anything definitely let me know in the comments below and I hope you have a great Summer in NYC!