Hey guys, I hope you are having a great week! It’s hard to believe it’s almost the weekend again. This weekend is a particularly exciting one because I am off on a trip with Kaelin. It’s the last of our Summer travels and the perfect destination to finish off with (stay tuned over on my YouTube Channel to find out where we’re heading). As excited as I am to be back to Sunshine again for a while the Autumnal weather in New York this week has made me so happy. I’ve said this many times before but it truly is my favorite time of year here. I’m already excited to return to it after the trip and all the amazing things that come with it. So, for today’s post I wanted to share with you 5 things I’m excited for this Autumn..
But before we get into that, lets have a quick chat about the outfit I’m wearing in this post. How fab is this coat?! The minute it arrived in the post I knew instantly that it was going to be one of my go-to coats for the rest of the season. Check is one of my favorite prints to wear during A/W and I’m sure a lot of you already know my love for Camel so this is the perfect mix for me. I also adore this tailored style and the zip details. The suede is a perfect finishing touch too. The boots I am wearing are a pair I picked up in River Island last year but luckily they have a similar pair this season. River Island always kill it when it comes to Autumn/Winter footwear!
As I said, I love this season for a lot of reasons but these 5 things in particular are what get me most excited every year…
1. Central Park – It may be a pretty obvious one but each year I fall more in love with Central Park in the Autumn. It really is the most beautiful place to be when the season hits and I’m always so grateful to live so close to it.
2. Pumpkin Picking – This is a relatively new tradition for me as it’s definitely not something I grew up with in Ireland. However, over the last four years, it’s one I’ve grown to love. Last year we went upstate to a place called ‘Harvest Moon Farm & Orchard’ and had the nicest day. I may even try to go a few times this year!
3. Colder Weather – If you have been to New York in the Summer you will get where I am coming from. We get seriously hot and humid Summers here so colder weather is definitely something I cannot wait for. I always tell anyone that wants to visit that Autumn is the best time weather wise as it’s usually not too hot & not too cold.
4. ‘Cosiness’ – This may be a sign of me getting older but I cannot wait for those cosy nights in. I’m also dreaming of cosy hot chocolates in front of a fire in my favorite hotels here in the city. I’m even getting more excited just writing this haha!
5. The Clothes – I don’t know about you but I actually find it quite hard to dress for Summer. For some reason Autumn style feels a lot more me – I’m sure some of you will relate. So, the clothes are probably what is exciting me most. Give me all the jumpers, jeans & scarves – I’m ready!
To finish up, I wanted to share some other items that I am loving on River Island right now. As I said, clothes are one of the things I’m most excited & these items are on top of my wishlist.
I hope you liked this outfit and enjoyed this little update. Feel free to follow along over on Instagram (@retroflame) for all the travel content coming up next week – it should be a very fun trip!
**A huge thank you to River Island for sponsoring this post!