If at any stage, you’re bored in New York…you’re definitely doing something wrong! The list of things to do, restaurants to try, people to meet is absolutely endless and even more so in the Summer. I don’t think I’ll ever get through it all, but I guess, that’s half the fun of it. I will admit that Autumn is definitely my favourite time in the city, but saying that, Summer is also VERY fun! The girls & I always chat about how there is literally something to do every single evening here and despite the tiredness, we’re determined to squeeze in as much as possible. Below is a look at some of the best things to do in New York in the Summer:
1. Spend a Saturday Smorgasburg.
2. Muesuems: MoMa, MET & The Whitney.
3. Monday night movies in Bryant Park.
4. Picnic in Sheep’s Meadow and/or dinner at Central Park Boathouse. More Central Park recommendations HERE.
5. Walk/bike over Brooklyn Bridge (Get the 6 train to the Brooklyn Bridge stop and walk from there) & then try Shake Shack in Dumbo.
6. Rooftop Drinks at The Standard, The Gansevoort, The MET Rooftop & Jimmy at the James.
7. Walk across The Highline and get some MELT Icecream sandwiches.
8. Rooftop Pool Day at The Dream Hotel (on my list!!)
9. Flea Markets: Hell’s Kitchen & Brooklyn Flea
10. Wander through the West Village & make a plan about how you are going to some day afford a house there. The dream!!
…and if you’re interested, I also have some more posts with recommendations for Soho, The Meatpacking District, Vintage Shopping Favourites, Best places for Evening Drinks, Christmas in New York & Weekend Favorites.
There’s always something to do in NYC :)