Hey everyone, Kaelin here with a brand new guest post. It’s been a while so I’m really excited to be back. I want to chat beauty products with you today. Affordable beauty products at that. I absolutely love my luxury makeup but over the last year I’ve brought a lot of really great affordable products into my collection. So today I thought I would share 20 of them with you. I wanted to show that you definitely don’t need to break the bank to have a great makeup collection. Here are 20 products I’ve tried and tested to prove it.
1.MAC Strobe Cream (travel size) – This has been one of my holy grail products forever. I use this as a base most days or mix it with my foundation. A little bit goes a long way so like to buy the travel size which is very affordable.
2.NYX Micro Brow Pencil – A really great affordable brow pencil. Very like the ABH one but half the price.
3. Sleek Highlighting Palette – Four gorgeous cream & powder highlighters and the packaging is pretty too. Have loved this for ages!
4. L’Oreal Double Extension Beauty Tube Mascara – I started using this mascara when I was about 14 and I still think it’s bomb. The build in primer is a game changer.
5. Maybelline Superstay Matte Ink Lipstick – I’ve talk about this lipstick lots of times over on my Instagram so I had to include it here too. It lasts like no other. My go to shade is ‘Driver’. The perfect brown nude.
6. Glossier Glitter Gelée – My most recent makeup purchase and one I’m obsessed with. This gel eyeshadow is so beautiful on the eye and is definitely a standout product. For such a well know brand too I think the price is super fair.
7. Bourjois Bronzing Powder – This bronzer is not only great, it smells amazing too. Apparently it’s made in the same factory as Chanel beauty so the quality is really good too.
8. NYX Translucent Powder – I’m not going to lie to you and tell you this powder is as good as my Laura Mercier one but it’s a great more affordable option.
9. Rimmel Maxi Blusher – A really lovely blusher that lasts on the skin . I recommend the shade ‘third base’. A gorgeous peach tone.
10. Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation – Another product I’ve loved for along time. It’s a lightweight foundation so great for day time, going or Summer especially. Definitely worth a try if you like to feel like your wearing very little makeup.
11. Maybelline ‘The nudes’ eyeshadow palette – With so many (very expensive) eyeshadow palettes getting hyped up these days people tend to forget about the drugstore options.
12. Dr Jart Shake & Shot Face Mask – I found this mask is Sephora a few years ago and have loved it ever since. Super hydrating and it feels like a little DIY facial when I use it.
13. Rituals Foaming Shower Gel – I love a good shower gel! In fact I have at least three different ones in my shower at all times and let me tell you this Rituals one (The Ritual of Ayurveda) is SO luxurious. I’ve even got David hooked on it haha!
14. Rimmel Oh My Gloss Lipgloss – Another product I’ve had since I was a teenager is this lipgloss from Rimmel. I love the consistency and they have a great shade range.
15. Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray (travel size) – This stuff keeps your makeup on all day and night and like the strobe cream it lasts me a long time so I buy the travel size. It’s also much more convenient for packing.
16. Maybelline Anti Age Eraser Concealer – Although I don’t love the packaging on this one the concealer is great for the price.
17. Stila Stay All Day Liquid Liner – I really love the brand Stila and they got it really right with this pen liner. Easy to use and super black!
18. Maybelline Tattoo Brow Peel – if you’re like me and don’t love having to go get your brows done often this product is for you. You basically paint it on to your brows and when you peel it off after 5 minutes it’s as if you went and got them tinted. Genius!
19. Revlon Colorstay Foundation – My number one drugstore foundation. It always reminds me of MAC Studio Fix Fluid. Great coverage!
20. Maybelline Master Chrome Extreme Highlighting powder – Another amazing highlighter. It definitely gives the Becca ones a run for their money.
I hope you enjoyed this post and got some new product recommendations. I would definitely love to hear your thoughts if you try any :)
Talk to you next time,