Hi everyone, kicking off the week with a brand new post all about the things I learned in 2018. Some big lessons, some quite frivolous ones…but it’s interesting to sit down and actually remind yourself what a year taught you.
I’m also sharing these outfit photos I took on New Year’s Eve – one of my very favorite days. I LOVED this black dress from River Island. The simple silhouette, the diamanté straps…so simple but still statement in it’s own way. Is there really anything better than a great black dress? And the good news? It comes in two colors and is ON SALE right now for such a great price. I totally believe in always having a ‘spare dress’ at the ready for those last minute/spontaneous nights out or events….& so this could be your one. I can’t wait to wear it again!
And now back to the lessons learned. Here are 18 simple but significant things I learned in 2018….
1. Taking time off is OK & will actually benefit you so much in the long term.
2. Apartment hunting in New York is HELL.
3. The magic you’re looking for…is in the work you’re avoiding.
4. If it’s too good to be true, it probably is.
5. Lake Como is a slice of heaven.
6. Hard work DOES eventually pay off, even with the things you think you’ll never get good at/enjoy. I’m looking at you Youtube ;)
7. Always ask for/sign a contract. ALWAYS.
8. Be careful of the ones that ask you far too many questions about yourself and even more careful of the ones who ask you zero.
9. Designer consignment shopping is the God sent.
10. Loyalty is still the thing I value most in someone.
11. There’s nothing a cup of coffee, a fresh layer of tan or a good nights sleep can’t fix.
12. If you don’t ask, you don’t get.
13. Dunkin Donuts iced coffee is underrated.
14. When you focus on the good, the good gets better.
15. Liking your outfit does actually make your day better.
16. If you can’t stop thinking about it…..buy it.
17. As annoying as it is to believe, things do always work out as they’re supposed to.
18. And finally, 2018 taught me that sometimes (a lot of times) things don’t go to plan, life is NOT easy, unexpected things come your way, stressful days are common….but it doesn’t matter. What matters is that you never quit. Keeping showing up, keep doing your best & you’ll get there. Good things take time.
Hope you’re all having a great week everyone!
*This post is sponsored by River Island.