Hey guys and welcome back to the last of my travel content from my latest trip to Lisbon & Lake Como. Today, I’m going to be filling you in on all things Lake Como. We were lucky enough to squeeze in two days there during our trip and I’m SO happy that we did. It’s a place I have wanted to visit for years and I can honestly say it was even better than I imagined it would be. I’m already excited to return there and to explore more of Italy next year. In the meantime, here is some information from our trip including my top recommendations & highlights..
HOW TO GET THERE
- Being totally honest, we were a little hesitant to include Lake Como into our trip as we thought it might be complicated to get there from Milan. However, it was so straight forward thankfully! We flew into MXP airport and then drove about 1 hour & 25 minutes to our hotel in Bellagio. The hotel we stayed in kindly assisted us in booking a return car to get to & from the airport which was amazing. It’s a little more on the pricey side but our only other option was the train which in turn was going to end up being costly also as there was three of us. Because we got in late on our first night we decided to go with the car for safety & convenience & I’m so happy with our decision. It was definitely worth it!
WHERE TO STAY
- Hotel Belvedere Bellagio – We ended up booking out hotel super last minute but it couldn’t have worked out better. This hotel blew away all of our expectations! From the moment we walked in and got such a warm welcome I knew we were going to love it. From the lovely staff to the beautiful grounds & that view!! It’s safe to say we didn’t want to leave. They very kindly upgraded us to the junior suite in the hotel too which was just an added bonus (I show a full tour in my VLOG). Honestly, I would go back and stay here again in a heartbeat – it really made our first time in Lake Como extra special.
- Hotel Belvedere – We ate all of our breakfasts in our hotel as they were included in a our booking and it was one of the best hotel breakfast’s I’ve had. We also had dinner there on our first night and it was delicious. Even if you aren’t staying there , I would highly recommend eating dinner there. The view of the lake from the restaurant is also beautiful!
- Metropole – We ate lunch in this restaurant on our first day and loved it! It is right on the lake and the food was so good! Proper Italian spaghetti – it doesn’t get much better than that!
- Antico Pozzo – This pizza place was one that we stumbled across when exploring the various streets. There was live music playing and it was busier than a lot of the restaurants we passed so we were instantly drawn to it. I’m glad we were because the pizza was delicious and the staff were so nice!
- Florence – On our last night after our boat ride we spotted this restaurant from the distance. It had the most beautiful setting with pink table cloths, love heart shaped chairs & fairy lights – honestly like something out of a movie. It was the perfect place to finish up our time in Lake Como. Definitely check it out if you visit Bellagio.
- Bar Rossi – We had drinks in this bar before dinner one night and it was great. It had a great atmosphere & that typical Italian vibe. A perfect spot to take a break from exploring too and do some people watching.
WHAT TO DO
- Explore Bellagio – Bellagio is the most beautiful little town. I had read that it was very touristy but honestly I did not think it was over the top. We spent our first day exploring a lot and it was so enjoyable. It’s covered in cute narrow cobble-stoned streets with gelato & wine bars on most corners. I could have walked around all day.
- Boat Ride around Lake Como – I had really wanted to do a boat trip around the lake after reading wonderful things about it so on our last night we did. Our hotel recommended that we go with Bellagio Water Limousines who were wonderful. The boat trip was an hour in total and definitely one of the highlights of our entire trip. We even saw Richard Branson’s amazing villa (lots more from this in the VLOG)
- Visit other parts of Lake Como – Unfortunately, due to the fact we were only there for two days, we didn’t get an opportunity to visit other towns in Lake Como. However, I definitely would on my next trip there. I hear Tremezzo & Varenna are both beautiful and only short ferry rides away from Bellagio – perfect for a day trip if you have some extra time.
Although we didn’t have loads of time, I can honestly say that Lake Como was one of the most beautiful places I’ve ever been. I hope this post inspires you to put it on your list! I also vlogged the whole trip in which I share everything in more detail so be sure to check that out below if you are interested.