Photos by Tara
Happy Monday everyone! Literally feels like two seconds ago since I was writing my last Monday post…time is flying by at a VERY scary pace lately. Can you believe we’re nearly at the end of August? Madness! I was travelling quite a bit at the beginning of Summer, so it’s been lovely to have nearly all of August here in New York. September is about to be a busy travel month too, so I’ve really just been making the most of my time at home. Summer in New York is hot, yes, but also so so fun. There’s always something to do or somewhere to go, so there really is no time to be bored. This upcoming weekend is a long weekend, we’re then straight into New York Fashion Week and then I’m off on a very exciting birthday trip the week after that (more on that below). So there is LOTS to look forward to for sure! But in the meantime, as I said, I’m still squeezing the last bit out of Summer here in New York.
I shared my new Chloe Nile Bag with you last week and as you can see from this post (& my Instagram), I’ve been wearing it so so much. Even more than I thought I would – it just seems to go with everything. I love pairing it with dresses – like this green one – and it’s also so nice with a more casual shorts & top look too. Such a versatile bag! Oh and my rose gold heels (which I live in) are back in stock too, if you fancy a look.
As I mentioned, there’s a lot to look forward to in the coming weeks, but I wanted to take a step back today and share a few things I’ve been loving during August. I guess it’s a blog post version of an ‘August Favourites’ video. Personally, I love seeing what people are loving during a particular month so I figured I’d share my mix in today’s post…
1. Breaking Bad: Ok I know I’m about a million years late to the party & it’s the Summer – I shouldn’t be watching shows, but wow, Tommy & I have got addicted!! I honestly never thought it would be a show I’d love, but I’m hooked. We’re on season 4 already and I literally count down the hours until 9 o clock every night to watch the next episode, haha! If you’re one of the rare ones who haven’t watched this series yet, get on it too! SO good!!
2. New Foods: A bit of a random one, but I’ve been going through a major phase with certain foods. I found a new Lentil Pasta in Trader Joes and I’ve literally eaten it for either lunch or dinner every day since. It’s a much healthier option to regular pasta and also full of protein. I’m pasta-obsessed, so this is going to be a staple in my kitchen forever more.
3. The Secret: So I’ve FINALLY started reading The Secret. Better late than never I guess. I’m still only at the start but I really like it so far. Definitely get your hands on it if you haven’t already.
4. Autumn Shopping: I couldn’t help it, I’ve already started! Autumn is my favourite season to shop for so I love getting a head start. How amazing is this suit from River Island? I wore it to a dinner with Samsung last week and it made me so excited for all the Autumn/Winter style to come. Check out this video to see what else I’ve been buying.
5. Laura Mercier Translucent Power: HOW did I ever survive without this!? Seriously, it’s amazing. Now I wouldn’t be the biggest makeup-gal out there but when I find a product I love, I truly LOVE it. Kaelin had been trying to convince me to buy it for so so long and I’m so happy I finally gave in. Trust me on this one and add it to your list.
6. Soho: One of my very favourite areas of New York in the Summer. I really don’t know what it is, but being in Soho in the Summer just makes me so happy and reminds me exactly why I love living here. The people-watching, the vibe, the cafes, the cobble stone streets – there’s just no where like it.
7. My new camera: For my work, I’m always looking to upgrade my equipment and so I recently invested in a new camera which I LOVE! It took me a while to get used to it but now that I am, I’m really enjoying filming on it. I think I actually just got more comfortable with youtube/video in general this month and I’m honestly just really enjoying it. If you want to know the full list of photo/video equipment I use (there’s a lot more than you’d think) check out my post HERE.
8. The ‘Yolo’ Decisions: ….& finally, the thing I’ve loved most this month and probably most about Summer overall is the ‘Yolo’/spontaneous decisions that come along with this time of year. I’ve been thinking about it for the past week and finally today, I booked a really exciting trip for the week of my birthday next month. Tommy & I are heading off to BARBADOS!!! It’s been on my list for a while now and it isn’t actually that far from us here in New York, so I figured why not. One last trip to finish out the Summer on a high note and launch me into my 26th year. So often, we say we’ll do things ‘next time’ or ‘next year’ but the reality is, NOW is the time. You honestly never know what’s around the corner, so always do things the first chance you get. Work hard, save hard and keep ticking things off ‘that list’.
I hope you’ve all had a great August (& Summer) too!
See you in tomorrow’s video,