Hi everyone, I hope you are all having a lovely week! As you may know from my Instagram (@Retroflame) & Snapchat (Retroflame1), the girls & I were away over the weekend in Newport, Rhode Island celebrating Lorna‘s birthday! It was my first time in Newport and we had such a lovely chilled out weekend together. Lorna was the first person I met here in New York and thankfully our friendship is still going strong three years on. New York can be a a bit like a revolving door as people seem to come and go but I have a feeling we’ll be the last ones to leave haha! Lorna had actually been to Newport before and absolutely loved it, so she thought it would be a great idea to go back there for her birthday celebrations. I had heard great things about the town so of course I was very excited to see what the hype was about and I definitely wasn’t disappointed. Therefore, I thought I would share some of my favorite places we visited and things we did..
– The Castle Hill Inn: This was by far my favourite place we ate all weekend. We went for brunch here on Sunday and it was such a treat. The service was amazing and the food was was delicious. I can imagine it would be absolutely stunning in the summer and I would love to go back and stay there. I would 100% recommend it!
– The Newport Mansions: I think Newport may be best known for it’s lavish mansions. Each one is literally bigger than the next. We visited two of the most well known ones – The Breakers Mansion & The Marble Mansion which both looked pretty amazing! We didn’t actually have time to do proper tours but I would love to next time I visit.
– The Corner Cafe: We went here for brunch on Saturday and the food was so so nice! They do every kind of brunch option you could possibly think of and are also BYOB which is cool. There was a little bit of a wait but definitely worth it and super affordable too!
– The Ocean Drive: We did this drive on the Sunday and it was SO lovely! Again when you live in a city it is crazy how much you appreciate the ocean and some fresh air! It was super windy so it was extra fresh haha! We rented a car for the weekend and the nicest thing about that is being able to take off and wander the roads as you always find nice spots you may not have known about and are able to stop for a photo op as many tine as you like.
– Fluke Wine Bar & Kitchen: On Saturday it was a little foggy in the afternoon so we stopped off here for some cocktails. Again the service was so lovely and the drinks were delicious. It also had a lovely view looking over the marina so I can imagine it would be a huge hot spot for sunset dinners in the Summer. If I was to go back I would definitely try to fit in dinner here.
– Bannister Wharf Marina: This little marina was kind of what I imagined when I thought about Newport. We grabbed a coffee and sat down here for a bit on Saturday and it was so so relaxing. Overall I found in Newport there was such a chilled vibe and everyone was in a good mood. When we went here it was a little foggy so I would love to bak in the summer and sit here when it is a little on the warmer side.
My Outfit Round Up:
(From top left to bottom right)
I really hope you enjoyed this little round up – we had such a fun weekend & I think when you live in a busy city like New York, a weekend away is definitely needed every now and again and is such a lovely break from the craziness! I also uploaded a new VLOG yesterday which shows a little snippet from the weekend which I will link below for you guys to check out! I hope you all enjoy the rest of your week and thank you for reading!
(PS. How cute was our custom Snapchat filter that we designed on this Etsy store – you can use the code RETROFLAME FOR 20% off any design)