Hello again and happy weekend! This week was a busy one, some of you might have seen on my socials that I was in Boston for The INBOUND Business Conference. It was such a great few days and I definitely left feeling motivated and excited to work harder than ever. I must admit though I’m happy to be back in New York for the weekend! It’s funny, no matter where I go I am always looking forward to coming home here. I guess that’s how I know it’s my favourite! Here are a few more of my #FlameFavourites from this past week…
- For the week that’s in it, I thought it would be crazy not to include my favourite things about Boston. My highlight of the trip was probably the lovely hotel we stayed in called ‘The Godfrey‘. I only booked it the night day before we left (last minute as always) & as I mentioned loads on my snapchat (retroflame1), I booked it through my favourite travel app – Hotel Tonight. It’s relatively new so the interiors are quite modern and the staff made such an effort to make our stay as lovely as possible. The location was also very handy, it was right beside Primark which Kaelin was very happy about (she feels deprived already haha!) & so I would 100% stay again.
- Another reason I would recommend staying in the hotel is that they have a lovely coffee shop called ‘George Howell ‘ right next door. Not only did it do the nicest coffee I have had in a while, the atmosphere was so chilled and the staff were so so nice. They do a fab avocado toast too which is always a plus!
- The first day we arrived in Boston we had a few hours to spare before the conference started so squeezed in some exploring. We ended up wandering through the Boston Common and I absolutely loved it. So calm and the first place that has ever given Central Park a run for it’s money in my eyes. Haha! Another highlight of our trip for sure!
FASHION & BEAUTY FAVOURITES
- I recently picked up some of the new Estee Lauder ‘Estee Edit’ makeup (their collaboration with Kendall) and something that I instantly fell in love with was the ‘Flash Photo Gloss’. I think I have always been a lipgloss kind of girl so I wasn’t surprised that it was the first thing that drew my attention. Its leaves a gorgeous shine without being too sticky – a big thumbs up overall. We’ll be chatting more about the other products over on my Snapchat today (retroflame1) so keep an eye out if you want to see more!
- If you read yesterday’s post, ’10 knitwear pieces you need in your winter wardrobe’, you will know that I made a sneaky purchase last week that I just couldn’t leave out of my favourites. I bought myself this gorgeous Club Monaco jumper and I am absolutely obsessed. Those sleeves!! I cannot wait to get my first wear out of it this weekend.
- As I mentioned earlier, I was at INBOUND this week (which I will be writing a more in-depth post about next week) and Anna Kendrick was one of the speakers. Now to be honest I didn’t know much about her (I am not that into watching films) before I saw her speak. However, I really enjoyed her interview, she seems wise beyond her years and gave some brilliant career advice which I always love to hear. If you missed it, I wrote a post earlier in the week about ‘The 6 pieces of career advice that helped me most’.
- Another favourite right now is simply just Autumn in NYC. You might have seen on my Instagram last weekend that I spent most of it in Central Park. Can you blame me? It actually kind of got me thinking about how many more Autumns I will spend here so I decided to write a post talking about my feelings about moving home to Ireland. It’s a question I get very often, so I shared my answer in the post. Feel free to check it out HERE, incase you missed it!
I think that is pretty much everything for this week. As I mentioned, I’m so excited to be back in NYC for the weekend. I’m dressing up and going out this weekend with the girls so it should be a fun one. I hope you all have a great one too!
As always, feel free to follow along on Instagram (@retroflame) and Snapchat (@retroflame1).
See you on Monday!