Hey guys, happy Friday! I can’t believe how fast the week has gone again, it’s been a very busy one here at Retro Flame. This week, we’ve had a brand new post every day which I’m so excited about. Have you had a chance to check them all out? There’s nothing more I love than creating as much content as I can for you and when you love it too, it just makes my week! Since last week’s Flame Favourites Post, November has now arrived (crazy!!) and it’s a pretty jam packed one for me but I’m really looking forward to a few trips I have planned and of course, for the amazing Christmas lead-up here in New York. Below are a few more things I am excited about at the moment and a little round-up from the past week.
- This week has been very home-focused here on Retro Flame. You might have seen my brand new kitchen reveal video yesterday and my DIY marble countertop post on Tuesday. I’m over the moon to finally be able to show you this big kitchen transformation -we are so happy with how it turned out in the end!
- I couldn’t write this post without mentioning my favourite thrift shop find EVER… my new chanel book! If you saw me on snapchat (retroflame1) talking about it, you will know how excited I was was about finding it (and yes I know I’m crazy) but I just couldn’t believe it was only 25 dollars what a steal! It is definitely something I will have forever and it is SO perfect on my coffee table.
- And last but certainly not least on the home front, my new blush pink chair (which is actually on sale now) finally arrived for my living room and it’s even more perfect in person than I had imagined. It matches the curtains perfectly and I think it is such a lovely finishing touch to the room. Living Room tour is NEARLY ready to be filmed :)
- You may have seen that Kaelin & I have began doing a weekly ‘#FlameFavourites’ segment on my Snapchat which will mostly be focusing on hair & beauty products. This week we talked about a few different things but something we both loved was the Urban Decay naked skin one & done hybrid complexion perfecto. It is basically a tinted moisturiser but so lovely for every day wear. It feels really light on the skin but gives just enough coverage. You guys seemed to love this new little segment we’ve introduced and we’re already looking to next week! If you don’t already, be sure to follow along on Snapchat (retroflame1) – it’s the social media channel I post the most on. I love it!
- My fashion favourite of the week has been my Rag & Bone black jeans. I forgot how much I loved them but now that Winter is here agin, I don’t think I’ll be taking them off for the remainder of the year. They are definitely an investment but one of the best I’ve made in while. The fit is amazing!
- I also set myself a new challenge this week. I’ve promised myself and you guys that I’m going to post my outfit every single day for the month of November. I thought this would be a good way to see what I do and don’t actually wear in my wardrobe. One last clear-out/wardrobe-check before the end of the year! Each day I’ll be posting my look on my Instagram (@retroflame) using the hashtag #RetrosNovemberOutfits and I’ll be sure to tag everything I’m wearing :) Hope you like this idea!
- If you have followed me for a while now, you will know how much I absolutely love Gary Vaynerchuk and next week I’m finally going to see him speak at Inbound. Inbound is a business conference that takes place once a year in Boston where lots of motivational & entrepreneurial people do talks and workshops. You’ all know I love a good inspirational talk and anything business-related (my background is in Marketing) so I couldn’t be more excited to attend! We are heading up there for the whole conference so it is sure to be a very inspiring few days and of course, it will be great to be back in Boston! It looks so beautiful this time of year. I’ll be Snapchatting as much as I can while I’m there if you want to follow along.
- Sticking on the travel front, I am also going on two other trips this month. My travel bug is back with a bang to say the least. As well as Boston next week, I’m also heading to Denver and Austin before the end of the month. Austin has been on My Dream 2016 list all year so I can’t wait to tick it off the list. Denver was more of a random choice for me but I have heard so many great things about it and I promised myself that I would see more of America this year so that’s exactly what I am doing. I’m meeting Tommy there for a weekend soon (it’s kind of in the middle between SF & NYC) so I’m really excited to explore a new part of the US with him. Lately a lot of my trips have been very last minute but I am starting to like it that way, it makes it more exciting. You might remember during the summer when I was travelling around California I used an app called Hotel Tonight and I will be using that again for these trips. I find it brilliant for finding last minute deals. Definitely check it out if your like me and leave everything until the last second, haha!
- I started back at the gym this week as you might have seen in my ‘4 reasons to stop putting off your health and fitness goals‘ post. I’m very relieved that I finally got back into it as starting really is the hardest part. Now I can eat all my cadbury chocolate without feeling as guilty haha! If you were putting it off too, like me, have a read of the post & hopefully it will motivate you too!
So I think that’s everything from this week! I really love doing this little feature every Friday and I hope you like it too! This weekend, the girls & I are having a friendsgiving dinner on Sunday so I’m really excited for that and a relaxing weekend, overall. Thanks so much for reading & the best weekend!