Can anybody remember life without snapchat? I, for one, most definitely cannot. This time last year, we were all still figuring out exactly how to use it but in the space of 12+ months – it has taken over and I now don’t know what I’d do without it! There are two main reasons I love this app. 1) It can’t get much more real. Instagram & other social media platforms have, unfortunately, become extremely ‘filtered’ & fake in the last year or two and often, it can be a little difficult to figure out what’s real and what’s not. But snapchat and it’s very basic filters portrays nothing but the truth and I really do love it for this. It shows what a person is really like behind those ‘perfect’ photos.
Reason 2 is the fact that it makes communicating SO easy. A lot of you guys snap me on a daily basis and I literally can reply in a matter of seconds. I love that I’m able to chat with you so easily and I guess it’s a way for you to get to know me a little better too. Retro Flame is a fashion blog, yes. But it’s also a destination which hopefully provides some guidance & inspiration for anyone who needs it. I absolutely love being able to answer your questions. My username is @retroflame1. I could spend hours & hours every day watching people’s stories so recently, I cut it down to my very favourite ones and figured I’d share them with you too. There are definitely some more that I watch from time to time, but here are the snapchatters I just won’t miss…
The ones who will inspire you…
Honestly, I really have no time for people who complain about people they follow on social media. We all have the choice to follow who we want. Absolutley nobody if forcing us to follow a certain person/blogger. Personally, I spend a lot of time on social media (especially snapchat) and I really do want this time to have a positive effect on my life, so I’m very conscious about who I follow and watch on a daily basis. Some of you follow people on snapchat because they’re funny, or they live in a place you like or they’re a celebrity you’re obsessed with, the list goes on. Everyone has different taste. But personally, I now only follow positive & motivating people who inspire me on a daily basis and I swear to you, it has made the world of a difference. Social media is an extremely time-consuming part of our lives so we have to make sure that we are getting the most from it & that it’s having a positive effect. This list won’t be everyones cup of tea, but here are the snapchatters (in no particular order) that I, PERSONALLY, watch every single day, without fail:
1. @garyvee – Where do I start? You’ve heard me talk about Gary A LOT and I can honestly say he’s my favourite of them all. He’s 100% not for everyone (some of my friends hate him) as he’s extremely blunt and I guess, a little aggressive, but if you ‘get’ him, his hustle and his way of life – I can guarantee he will motivate you every single day. The man is a genius.
2. @mikevacanti – Mike is Gary’s personal trainer and has gained a lot of attention since starting working for Gary. His work ethic is very admirable and he gives out a lot of great fitness tips. He’s also pretty easy on the eyes, haha!
3. @damselindior – Jacey from Damsel in Dior is a blogger and business women who is not only one of the funniest people I follow on snapchat but also one of the bloggers I admire most in relation to turning a hobby (her blog) into a hugely successful business. I really do believe she’s one of the smartest bloggers out there and I love following along to see what she has up her sleeve next.
4. @lydiaemillen – No matter what type of mood you’re in, this girl will put a smile back on your face. I’ve followed her from the very beginning and it’s been so nice to see her go from strength to strength. She oozes positivity and is also absolutely stunning!!
5. @garypeppergirl – Nicole is up there with one of my favourite bloggers since the very beginning. She started off as an online vintage store owner and is now a consultant for some of the biggest luxury brands out there – as well as still running her hugely successful blog. A down to earth, hard-working and overall beautiful person to follow. It’s obvious she’s a hard worker and I love to watch it all pay off.
6. @myshiningarmour – You’ve heard me talk about Nicki before and have also seen SO many My Shining Armour products here on Retro Flame and there’s good reason why. Not only is Nicki an amazing business woman who is always pushing the boundaries, she is also an absolute breath of fresh air to follow on snapchat. You will never hear a complaint come out of her mouth and she’ll always insert a burst of energy into your morning.
7. @thebodycoach – If you followed my snapchat story yesterday (retroflame1), you’ll have seen that I finally met Joe from The Body Coach IN PERSON here in New York. Something which confirmed my love for this guy! His snapchats never ever fail to brighten up my day and he’s just a lot of fun to watch.
8. @chrisellelim – Chriselle is an LA-based blogger who absolutely fascinates me. She’s Mom to the cutest little girl, Chloe, has the coolest team behind her and works from a pinterest-worthy office space in downtown LA. She has built an empire and I love that she allows us to see everything that happens behind the scenes.
9. @bakemystyle – Miriam, a fellow Kerry girl, is someone who always always makes me laugh. She recently quit her job and has embarked on a cookery course and it’s honestly so refreshing to see someone be so happy about what they’re doing every day. I’ve never met Miriam in person, but just from following her on snapchat, I can already tell that this new venture of hers is a dream come true and the happy vibes she conveys every day is actually contagious. When you follow people you really like, their happiness has a HUGELY positive effect on you too. There’s nothing more I love than seeing love what they do.
10. @jenniferwrynne – Jennifer is a fellow Irish blogger and entrepreneur. She is a hat designer who recently opened her own boutique in Dublin and after recently meeting her in person, I can honestly confirm she is such an amazing girl. It’s funny, snapchat either makes me love or absolutely hate people I’ve followed for years on Instagram, blogs, etc. There is absolutely NO in-between and I know straight away from that first story. Jennifer is one of the ones that snapchat has made me absolutely love! She’s just a joy to watch and always so humble & down to earth, which I love, and I can’t wait to see what the future holds for her.
And of course, this list would definitely not be complete without my some of my blogger besties. You’ll often see all of us on each other’s snapchats so show some love to some of my fave girls… @Lcscloset, @Lou1409, @lisadnyc, @dervie23, @niamhos21 & @tarmarz.
I’m definitely forgetting people and to be honest, I’m always finding new people to follow, so I’ll be sure to keep updating this list every couple of months. I would LOVE to hear some of your favourites too (or even just a hello)m- so go and send me a snap today. My username is @retroflame1 and I always always always snap back.