Happy Friday! Today’s Flame Favourites post is a jam-packed one. As usual, I’ve included interesting articles from this past week, new & old NYC Favourites & also a round-up of the best Summer sales. There are also some details about an upcoming trip to Ireland.
- Kayla from Not Your Standard shares some ‘Real Talk’ about the more harsh realities of Blogging & Social Media.
- I already mentioned on my Instagram that I’ve become obsessed with Gary Vaynerchuk. This motivational video is the best I’ve seen!
- I’m so excited for Pippa and her new makeup palette. When we recently met in New York, it was so fun to hear all about it & now I can’t wait to try. I absolutely adore her ideas behind each of the colour/product names.
- Interesting article about how we have become obsessed with editing photos for social media. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again…this is why I love snapchat. It’s as real as you can get! (Username: retroflame1)
- Speaking of snapchat, a big thank you to Goss.ie for listing me as one of the Top 7 Irish Stars to Follow on Snapchat.
- There’s a fine line between confidence and arrogance, but this article explains the importance of positivity & execution when aiming for success.
- Last night, I finally paid a visit to the newer Jack’s Wife Frieda on Carmine Street. I definitely recommend the zucchini fries & Pimm’s cocktail.
- I nearly died when I stumbled across this ice-cream shop on the upper east side. Look at those cones!!
- Excited to see Lucky Chops again next week at Five Mile Stone.
- Even though I’m trying to cut back on dairy, I genuinely just cannot resist 16 Handles. If you haven’t tried it yet, get on it!
- Central Park is just perfect in this weather. Going to pay a visit to some of my favourite spots there this weekend.
As you might know, I’m currently here in New York on the graduate visa (more details about that here) and as much as I can hardly believe it, that year is soon coming to an end. In yesterday’s post, I chatted about some of my favourite memories from this past year & even though I didn’t think it was possible, I’ve grown to love this city 110% more. I’ve settled in, met a great group of friends and as cringey as it might sound, I’ve learned a lot about myself. If there’s any place in the world that will toughen you up, it’s New York City. Thankfully (understatement!!), I was successful in securing the next visa option so it’s looking like New York is stuck with me until 2018 (at least).
The way things worked out mean that I’ll be able to spend a full month in Ireland while everything is being processed and I actually am so excited for the break. There are many things (& people) I miss from home so I’m really looking forward to being back to it all. I don’t know exactly how much of a break it will end up being as I’m going to be working on a lot of exciting projects while I’m there. But I honestly wouldn’t have it any other way! My first weekend home will be spent at Electric Picnic with my best friend, Christina, there’s a possibility that I’ll be paying a quick trip to London for fashion week and I’m also going to be hosting an ITWBN blogger event in Galway. Loads of more details to come over the next few weeks!
Have the best weekend!