Photos by Christina Emilie
Monday again! Where do these weekends go? This week on Retro Flame, I’m partnering up with Lulu’s to show you three looks shot in some of my favourite areas of New York. As well as all the outfit details, of course, I’ll also be sharing my favourite spots in each area. A mini guide to some of my go-to places here in New York. First up is this monochrome look shot in the trendy Meatpacking district. Simple white, frayed jeans & this really cute layered top made up the perfect look for a dinner date with a friend from home. This 2-piece top can also be worn as separate pieces (white pleated stop & cropped black jumper) which I love!
The Meatpacking District is definitely one of the coolest spots here in NYC. It’s full of rooftop bars, trendy restaurants & non-highstreet stores. It’s known as quite an expensive part of Manhattan, but it’s always nice for a treat. The streets are cobblestoned and there is a lot of outdoor seating, so it’s the perfect area to spend a sunny Summer evening. My favourite places to go & things to do there are:
- Dinner at Fig & Olive. My new favourite restaurant!
- Rooftop drinks at The Standard Hotel & The Gansevoort.
- Italian food at Serafina & Mexican at Dos Caminos.
- Brunch at Bubby’s.
- Late night treats at The Diner.
- Makeup shopping at Sephora (it’s usually quieter than the bigger ones) & hair at Bumble & Bumble.
- …and my favourite thing of all: A stroll along The High Line.
It’s also the perfect backdrop for photos at Golden Hour. My favourite time of day here in New York!
Keep an eye out for two more looks coming up this week :)