Happy Friday! It’s been a while since I did a Flame Favourites post, so I thought it would be a nice little update today. How was your week? Mine was actually a pretty quick one, but as always, I’m very happy to see Friday. I’m meeting the girls this evening for some food/drinks here in the city and then on Sunday, I’m off to Long Beach for a fun beach house blogger event. I’ll have lots of updates on my @retroflame Instagram & @retroflame1 Snapchat throughout the weekend. Snapchat is definitely where I post the most, so feel free to follow along :)
Home items (Throw, Cushions, Photo & Ice-tray) all from Penneys/Primark.
For anyone who has moved away from home, I’m pretty sure that one of the main things they miss is…Penneys/Primark. You really don’t appreciate it until you’re gone! I miss being able to pop in and pick up lots of bits & pieces (more or less guilt-free) for under 50 euro – especially the basics, the shoes and their home decor. Through blogging, I’ve gotten to know the girls who work in their head office and so a few weeks ago they were kind enough to send me a package with a selection of their new home items. I was SO happy! My apartment here in New York is still a work in progress, so I was delighted to have a few new things to brighten it up. I especially love the cozy throw and cushions.
- I just spotted this article about how a girl made $100,000 selling old clothes on Poshmark. Pretty impressive! I must admit that selling old clothes can definitely get addictive. I’m always adding new things to my Depop account.
- This message from one of the survivors of the devastating tragedy in Berkeley just couldn’t be more brave and inspiring.
- Audrey’s Blog is my everyday go-to. I really loved her recent post about the importance of spending money on experiences.
- Did you see Lorna’s post about the 9 things she misses about Ireland. My number 1 is also the food!
- I’m still thinking about my trip to The French Riviera. If you don’t have this trip on your bucket list, hopefully my travel guide will convince you.
- I want this backless top in all three colours.
- I’ve started to pack for my trip to Cape Cod and this playsuit would be perfect for our beach days.
- Looking for simple black heels that will go with everything? This Topshop pair is perfect.
- This Reiss bag is my current favourite.
- I still have my eye on this fringe skirt.
- I went to Fig & Olive for the first time this week and absolutely loved it. Great decor, delicious food & even better people-watching.
- The Le Pain Quotidien near where I live in the upper east side recently expanded and it’s now my new favourite place to go for a croissant & coffee. They have wifi and lots of seating, so it’s the perfect place to get some work done.
- I’ve been trying out a new healthy eating plan this week, but first on my treat list will be either a doughnut from Dough or a nutella waffle from Wafels & Dinges.
- Next on my NYC to-try list are Banc Cafe, ABC Kitchen and Tacombi NYC.
I have some fun style/new york guide posts coming up next week which I’m really looking forward to sharing. In the meantime, I posted three outfits this week – HERE, HERE (Photo above) & HERE – so feel free to take a look incase you missed them.
Have an amazing weekend!