Hey everyone! I’m back with another Flame Favourites post (No.1 & No.2 incase you missed them). I love doing these because it’s almost like having a quick catch up with you. This week was another busy one in New York. Now that the weather is nicer, I feel like the time is going even faster. Can you believe that today is May 1st? My year in New York is going was too quickly! This weekend, two of my housemates best friends are visiting from Ireland so it’s going to be a fun one and then next weekend, I’m in Miami. I couldn’t be more excited for May!
First up, as always, is a recap of some interesting articles I’ve come across:
- My current favorite Instagram account definitely has to go to @HannahCrosskey. Can’t get enough of this girls style!
- I’m the process of planning a bedroom makeover and absolutely loved this Refinery 29 post about the different ways you can change up simple IKEA shelving. Love the marble idea.
- A shameless little plug for myself, but yesterday I shared my thoughts on social media. A lot of you seemed to agree.
- My friend Louise did a post all about the Top 10 ‘touristy’ things to do in Ireland. Ireland really is insanely beautiful!
This time next week, I’ll be off to Miami so I’m in serious Holiday Shopping mode! I also have my trip to France coming up (more about that here) so I’m stocking up on lots of new outfits.
- I went on a bit of a shopping spree on River Island! These culottes, sunglasses, lace bardot dress, denim shorts and wide fedora hat have all just been added to my wardrobe.
- I also need to invest in some new Summer shoes. I’ve been eyeing up these peep-toe mules from Topshop. What do you think?
- Do you remember the post I did about purchasing a new bag? Well, I finally did it!! Keep an eye on my snapchat (retroflame1) over the weekend to see which one I went for. SO exciting!
- Oh and I now also have the Nespresso Vertuoline in my life. Iced coffees all round from here on!
There are always new places to add to the list…
- On Wednesday, I went for after work drinks (wild strawberry margaritas -yum!) at Bryant Park cafe. The perfect sunny evening spot!
- I recently just discovered Cafe La Cerra in Murray Hill. Minimalistic decor, marble tables, great coffee and waffles (that I have to go back for).
- We recently moved offices and are now right next to Macaron Cafe. FAR too tempting…
- Heading to Macondo West tomorrow night for tapas (my favourite). I’ve heard amazing reviews to I’m excited to try it out.
I’ll be on snapchat (retroflame1) all weekend – feel free to add me through the photo in yesterday’s post.
Have a great one!
I read your thoughts on Social Media and I really enjoyed it as it’s so honest and easy to relate to! The River Island lace dress is so pretty too, thanks for sharing!