Two weeks ago, I did a post all about the new skincare regime I was about to start. I explained why I was starting it and listed the products I would be trying out. Incase you missed that one, you can see it HERE. I began my new routine with an Ogra Facial at Beauty by the River Salon and have been using specific Ogra, Kinvara & Elizabeth Arden products every day since. In my initial post, I gave a brief introduction of each product and now I’m going to go into a little more detail about how often I’m using each, which I’m finding particularly good, the difference they’re making, etc.
1. Kinvara Absolute Cleansing Oil: I use this oil cleanser each morning and night. All you have to do with this is warm 2-3 pumps of it between your hands and massage it onto your damp face before washing it all off with a hot facecloth. It’s my first time using a proper cleanser and I can honestly say that I really like it so far. I usually wear quite a lot of mascara and this cleanser takes it all off very easily. I also love using the hot facecloth -it’s so relaxing and has made my skin feel so refreshed.
2. Ogra Cucumber and Orange Toner: After I have all my cleansing done, I then apply this Ogra toner. Toner was something I never really understood and something I never thought I needed -but it has now become my favourite part of the whole routine. All you do is spray 1-2 sprays on your hands and then pat it onto your face. It closes all your pores after cleansing (so important!) and the cucumber & orange make it so refreshing. I can’t recommend this one enough!
3. Kinvara Active Rosehip Day Cream: After cleansing & toning, I apply my moisturiser. This particular moisturiser can be quite heavy, so I always apply it 5-10 minutes before I apply my makeup. It needs time to soak in well. As my skin was very dry before I started this new regime, I’ve found this moisturiser to be great. My skin feels much softer and it gives me a great base before applying my foundation -which now glides on so easily. This is also great to put on alone if you’re travelling a long distance in a car or if you’re going for a walk as it’s very protective.
4. Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Nourishing Lip Balm: Every single Winter, as soon as the weather changes, my lips become so dry and cracked. This little lifesaver of a product has changed all that! I’ve been using it every morning (and night) and I’ve noticed such a difference. If the weather causes your lips to go crazy, this product will become your new best friend. You can purchase it HERE.
1. I firstly cleanse & tone as described above.
2. Ogra Manoi Petal Exfoliant: It is recommended to use this exfoliator once a week after cleansing & before toning. I actually didn’t realise it was only supposed to be used once a week, so I’ve used this about 4-5 times in the past 2 weeks. (Oops!) I only learned at the weekend that once a week is plenty. There really is so much to learn but I’m getting there! Exfoliating is probably my least favourite part of the whole regime, but I do quite like this particular product. All you have to do is massage it onto the skin and wash it off using a hot facecloth. Your skin will thank you!
3. Kinvara Rosehip Face Serum: This is, hands down, the best product I’ve tried. I’ve been applying it every night before I go to bed and been waking up with the softest skin. You apply 1-2 pumps to your clean face by massaging it in gently. This is a little miracle worker and also smells beautiful.
4. Elizabeth Arden Brightening Eye Gel: I was on the search for an eye cream for quite a while because as I am usually very busy & do a good bit of travelling, my eyes often look extremely tired. As I didn’t know a lot about skincare brands, I felt that I just couldn’t go wrong with Elizabeth Arden. I’ve been using it every night and although I haven’t seen a huge difference as of yet, my eyes definitely do look a little brighter. If you feel it might suit you too, you can purchase it HERE.
I’ve been following this regime every single day for the last two weeks and I can definitely see a difference. I noticed the biggest difference after the first week -my foundation started to apply so smoothly, my skin looked brighter and overall, just started to feel a lot softer. Each of the images I’ve included in this post were taken after one week of using these products. In the past week (my 2nd week) I’ve actually experienced some break outs which is kind of annoying after all the effort I’m putting in. But apparently this is totally normal and it does take the full 28 days for your skin to adjust completely. So I’ll definitely be sticking with it and I’ll be doing a final review at the end of the month. If you have any questions about any of the products, feel free to email me at email@example.com or you can also tweet me here.
Hope you’re all having a nice day – Just ONE more week until Christmas!!